The perfect hair look to take you from day to night and easy as one, two, three read on to see just simple it is to create yourself a messy top knot!
- If you want a really texturised bun, then spritz a bit of salt spray through the ends of your hair. Rub hair together at the ends to get some volume and a really messy look. Then start gathering hair together to the top of your head. Try to avoid using a brush. The messier the better.
- Gather hair up slowly to the top of your head.
- Secure hair with a transparent hair tie. Check you like the height of your top knot. If your not happy readjust and try again.
- If you have thin hair, you can gently backcomb your ponytail from the bottom up to add some texture to create a larger knot. If you have backcombed, spray some hairyspray into your ponytail at this point to secure your hard work! Then carefully wrap your ponytail around the hair tie.
- Secure with a handful of kirby grips around the base of the top knot. To finish off, add a last spray of hairspray to secure your top knot and voila, there you have it a messy top knot.
Posted on Thursday, October 11th 2012