Boohoo tried and tested 6 cream blushers to track down the cream of the crop (excuse the pun). Every girl likes to have a nice glow so boohoo took note from the Spring/ Summer catwalk this year to find the perfect peachy cream blush. From Louis Vuitton’s pastel SS12 show to Jason Wu’s show full of bright hued peplums, peachy glows were seen on models all over the catwalk this season. So read on to find out which one is the best for your pennies.
- Winner: Une Natural Beauty Breezy Cheeks takes first place at the middle of the range price at £8.99. Application is easy with fingers or a blush brush and the colour is just the right depth. It doesn’t streak, lasts the course of the day and what is more, it is made of 100% natural ingredients!
- Second place goes to No. 17 Blush and Glow at a bargain price of £3.99. This is more of a powdery consistency and goes on easily with a brush. It is made up of two colours, one deeper than the other so you can mix and match dependent on whether you are tanned or not.
- Urban Decay take third place.This was the most expensive of all the blushers at £16.20 but it does come with a a little mirror to help with those times when you need to do your makeup on the go. However it was a little oily and you need a lot of product for a real blush but once applied it gave a lovely peachy glow.
- Maybelline at £6.49 comes in at fourth place. This was a little disappointing as it initially has a very luxurious feel and a lovely smell. However as it is light and greasy, it easily removes foundation and make up underneath.
- Natural Collection, the cheapest blusher of them all at £1.99 comes out as a very light paste in a nice natural colour. However application is difficult as it needs a lot rubbing in meaning the end result is very streaky.
- Bloom Sheer Colour Cream is the loser of the cream blushers. At £11, Bloom disappointed. Despite the lovely fragrance, it is very oily on application and has a very unnatural hue!
Posted on Friday, March 9th 2012