Ever wondered how to get dip dye hair without the fuss? Well we have the answers for you so! The hottest hair trend of the season, rainbow bright hair was seen all over the SS12 catwalks from the blue hues of Narcisso Rodriquez and Issey Miyake to the pastel pinks seen on models at Thakoon.
Perfect for you festival lovers out there, whether you want to go for a whole head of colour a la Nicki Minaj or copy the queen of rainbow bright hair, Katy Perry or if you just want to go for a temporary dip dye a la Kate Bosworth’s green tips, check out our how to guide below for three great looks.
Look One: Dip Dye Hair
While Katy Perry went permanently pink, blue, purple and green, if you are looking for more of a temporary solution, a great top tip is to simply rub coloured chalk into your hair. Whether you want to get rainbow hair like Nicki Minaj or want to go for one colour on your ends, coloured chalk from your local stationary shop will do the trick. We think the more colours, the merrier so get going girls.
Look Two: The Rainbow Plait
Perfect for you festival lovers out there, the rainbow plait is a neon twist on the boho look.
- To get this look, simply tie three pieces of neon string or laces into your hair either into a ponytail or simply into loose hair.
- Next, separate your hair into three pieces and wrap the string around each section.
- Once you have laces wrapped around the sections, get plaiting. Secure the ends with a neon hair tie and volia a rainbow plait!
Look Three: The Rainbow Top Knot
For those of you who want to go for a more sophisticated look with your neon pops of colour, once your have a high ponytail either plaited with neon laces or a simple ponytail, wrap it around itself and secure with grips. A more subtle style, this will show a few pops of colour!
How would you wear your rainbow hue hair?
Posted on Friday, June 1st 2012
Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield are officially an item and we think they look great together! Their casual styling is classic and easy to achieve. Emma does day time chic well with simple skinny jeans, tee and boucle jacket while Andrew rocks a denim and plaid shirt combo. Their looks would not be complete however without those sunglasses, a must-have for this sunny weather!
Get Emma’s casual but chic look > >
- Heidi Black Square Toe Ballet Pumps
- Karen Diamante Trim Wayfarer Sunglasses
- Penny Diamonte Super Skinny Jeans
- Tracy Sequin Detail Chain Trim Knitted Jacket
- Holly Stretch Jersey T-Shirt
Take a look at Andrew’s key pieces > >
Posted on Thursday, April 5th 2012