Ever wondered how to get the 60s classic, the beehive? Well our expert hair team have come up with a simple how to guide so you can get to looks in no time! Whether you want a more relaxed look like Kim Kardashian’s loose beehive or if you want to go for a more formal beehive up do, read on to find out how!
- Start off by using a fine bristle brush to back comb the hair at the top of your crown. Use a strong hold hairspray to hold the beehive at the roots. Start back combing at the roots and then go almost to the end of the strand for some real lift.
- Separate a centre or side parting in the middle of your head just 2cm in from your face and start smoothing sections of hair down with a brush.
- Start pulling the beehive into place with your hands.
- Secure the beehive by twisting the section of hair over on itself to make sure it won’t move
- Start pinning it in place with kirby grips and voila you have a beehive a la Kim Kardashian.
- Pull out some loose bits around your face to soften the look and there you have it a beehive two ways!
If you want your hair in a up do up like Adele’s, read on…
- Gather your hair into a low ponytail and secure with a hair tie
- Wrap a strand of hair around the hair tie to cover it over
- Secure the piece of hair under the pony with one or two kirby grips
Posted on Friday, August 3rd 2012