BOOM NAILS has done it again! Our friends over at BOOM NAILS have put together a simple step by step nail art tutorial so you too can get gothic cat nails. Perfect to team with leather leggings and a cross print tee, read on to find out how.
What you will need:
- Gold polish
- Glitter polish
- Black nail art pen
- White nail art pen
- Small gems (from a craft shop)
- Top coat
- Start off by doing a gold base coat.
- Then use a fine glitter polish over the gold. You can use any glitter you have or think would work well
- Now use your black nail art pen to carefully draw an outline of a cat’s head on the bottom of your nail
- Fill the cat head in with your black pen. I use the nib end to slowly dot over the whole area I want to fill in, but if you find it easier to use the brush end then do that
- Now for the cat’s nose and mouth. Use your white nail art pen to draw a tiny upside down triangle for the cat’s nose
- Draw a little mouth from the bottom of the triangle
- Now do the whiskers! They’re pretty simple - just three straight lines on each side going from the nose to the edge of the face
- Now do a topcoat. Use something nice and glossy such as Seche Vite - but only on ONE nail at a time. This is because for the eyes you use two tiny little gems - but the gems will be stuck on using the topcoat - so if you do them all at once some of them might already be dry by the time you go to stick the eyes on!
- So stick your gems on each cat where the eyes would be and voila, gothic kitty cats on your nails