We are still loving our pastel shades so we thought we would try out some candy-hued rainbow nails. We tried out a variety of brands so that we could see whether you really have to part with your pennies to get those perfect SS12 nails!
We tested six in total:
- Chanel Vernis Nail Varnish in Pretty Ballerina - £17.50
- Revlon Top Speed Fast Dry Nail Enamel in Peachy - £6.49
- Models Own Nail Varnish in Blooboo - £5.00
- Rimmel Lycra Professional in Peppermint - £4.59
- Barry M Nail Polish in Lemon - £2.99
- Miss Sporty Nail Varnish in Grape - £1.99
We based our results on 5 factors: strength and durability i.e does it easily chip, depth of colour, the amount of layers needed, ease of application and value for money. So, which brand was the best of the bunch then?
- WINNER: Rimmel - lovely colour, good brush to apply and no chipping!
- 2nd place: Models Own - rich pastel matte colour, value for money
- 3rd place: Revlon - nice colour, dried quickly but needed layering
- 4th place: Miss Sporty - needed layering but good value for money
- 5th place: Chanel - colour very nude, needed layering
- LOSER: Barry M - needed lots of layering, quite thin consistency but lovely yellow hue
What’s your favourite pastel shade for your nails for this SS12?