Taking inspiration from the coming season’s catwalk, we set out to find the perfect pink lippy to compliment one of our favourite trends: Pastels. Christian Dior and Nicole Fahri opted for a strong fuschia pink lip to team with all of their neutral and soft pastels hues.
We puckered up and tried out a variety of beauty brands to find our perfect pink pout:
- MUA Lipstick, Shade Three - £1.00
- 17 Supreme Shine Lipstick in All About The Sass - £4.99
- Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate Lipstick in Rosette 02- £5.49
- L’Oreal Color Riche in Crazy Fuchsia - £6.19
- Maybelline Colorsensational in Pink Punch 175 - £7.19
- MAC Amplified in Girl About Town A81 - £13.50
We tested each colour marking them out of ten, based on the following criteria: intensity of colour, non-drying formula/ moisturising, durability, bleeding, smudge proof and value for money.
So what were the results?
- WINNER: Maybelleine
- 2nd place: Mac
- 3rd place: MUA
- 4th place: L’Oreal
- 5th place: Kate Moss for Rimmel
- Loser: 17