Do you have a womanly silhouette with curvaceous hips, legs and bum and a slimmer top half? If your answer is yes, then the likelihood is that you are a pear shape. Lemon yellow is one of the hottest colours this season and is perfect for your transitional Spring wardrobe. Pear shapes really suit strapless dresses that cinch in at the waist as they show off your slimmer top half and will streamline your heavier bottom half.
Rachel Bilson as ever looks impeccable at a red carpet event recently rocking a pair of bright red trousers. Staying on trend, Rachel subtly clashes prints with a pretty floral shirt and a pair of classic leopard heels.
To celebrate International Women’s Day we put our heads together to think of our top five inspirational women and here’s who we came up with:
1. Lady Gaga has changed the world of music for the better, bringing art into music. However, its’ not just her music that is affected by art, she reinvents herself almost on a daily basis reflecting her artistic mood in her fashion choices. More importantly she is a strong voice for women as well as for the gay community.
2. Stella McCartney could have easily been just another famous daughter of a famous musician. Instead, she has carved out her own successful careers as a world renowned designer whilst juggling daily responsibilities of being a mum to four kiddies.
3. Shirin Ebadi is a truely inspirational and incredibly bold woman as Iran’s first female judge, founder of the Human Rights Defenders Centre as well as the first Muslim woman to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
4. Katie Piper is a truely aspiratonal woman who overcame incredible challenges as the victim of an acid attack which resulted in severe burns to her face as well as blinding of her left eye. Through her work with channel 4, she has brought huge amount of awareness to burn victims and her latest programme, ‘Katie: My Beautiful Friends’ shows how she has helped people with disfigurements live normal lives.
5. Michelle Obama, not just the wife of the most powerful man in the world, since Obama’s inauguration she has inspired the world with her charity work. More recently, she founded ‘Let’s Move’, a foundation which aims to improve the health of future genreations of USA with an inspirational keep fit campaign.
Are you an apple shape? If so, you will have a rounded tummy, larger hips and most probably a larger chest. Open neck and V necks tops and dresses are the best shape for you as they will highlight your great boobs. Team with a bandeau for a peakaboo piece of pattern. A skinny waist belt or a wrap dress will draw the eye down the body and streamline your waist.
Now pyjama trousers can be a difficult trend to approach so we have a few hints and tips for you to help you style them!
If you want an easy way to approach the trend, don’t take it too literally. Rather than opting for the head to toe pyjama trouser look, try teaming them with a chic tailored blazer and a plain simple top.
Blogger, Sarah from FashionIsMyH2O loves Boohoo Spring trends
Fashion expert and serial blogger, Sarah from FashionIsMyH2O has pulled together some of her favourite looks from our S/S12 collection complete with styling tips!
Over to Sarah: ‘If you’re anything like me Spring/Summer trends are tricky to navigate. Luckily Boohoohave jumped to the rescue this year with a range of gorgeous items to keep you on trend through this transition.